Re: Film Vs. Digital

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark"

: I would like a medium format digital camera with perspective correction,
but
: alas, it will always be too expensive for the same reasons the film
version
: was.

are you aware that a decent medium format, or even a decent large format
'kit' is very close to equal in price to a decent 35mm outfit?

One thing medium and large format users *always* say is that their
photography improved once they'd moved away from 35mm - guess why?  There
was a sting in the tail - a high cost for every shot that went wrong.  Each
shot *taught* them something.

Digital doesn't seem to do this very well..

: My dentist takes digital x-rays now. It is great. He can tell instantly
if he
: got the shot right.

OK, I can honestly say I've never heard of digital Xray imaging!  Must look
into that

thanks