Re: Thermal Mounting Compound

>>>I've never had this problem with the 3M Positionable Mounting Adhesive
568.  This is a tacky sheet that sticks permanently when pressed down
hard.  I've got photos that have been mounted with this for more than
20 years and no issues. >>>

You could use wet mounting on masonite. I own a set of large images offered by E. Leitz, and that is how they were mounted in 1960 or perhaps earlier.

My Kodak prints were dry mounted with tissue and they still hold up.

Bob