Re: Thermal Mounting Compound

"kpp@xxxxxxxxxx" <kpp@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>thermal  spray on mounting compound
>>_AOL  Search results for " thermal spray on mounting compound "_
>
> hi! it is a good luck this thread is going on since i am searching
> the GREEK market for a product like this...
>
> So i would liek to add a word of caution...for anyone interested,
> stay away from the repositional adhesives...thanks God i made some
> test mounting with some discrded large prints...these adhesives
> cannot hold the weight of a large print, so you will probably see it
> sliding down in a day, or even shagging if its downward motion is
> restricted by a clip etc.

I've never had this problem with the 3M Positionable Mounting Adhesive
568.  This is a tacky sheet that sticks permanently when pressed down
hard.  I've got photos that have been mounted with this for more than
20 years and no issues.

The size of print shouldn't matter; the paper is of constant
thickness, so the weight should be proportional to the area, and the
grip of the adhesive should *also* be proportional to the area.