Gallery 26th March 05

Greetings from Norfolk UK

Here are my Personal comments on the gallery;

droberts Eye on the Sparrow.jpg

A very nice picture of a 'Sparrow'?  it is sharp and well aranged, my only comment is that there is a lack of detail apparent around the eye area, possibly present on the original.  The 'blank' area behind the head being relieved by the un-focused tree branches which compliment the angle of the main subject.

ferguson Difference of opinion.jpg

I cannot see the point of this picture, I accept the difference in style between the two doorways, but this is, for me, spoiled by the white and dark thing at the bottom of the right hand doorway

gill Wild Flowers, Big Sur, CA.jpg

A nice view, nicely presented, with a clear boundary between the natural area nad the cultivated area.  Makes the point that the two can co-exist.

jharris Checking the Tires.jpg

A very nice shot, non posed, caught well and presented in a clear manner.  Contrasts size very well, and would, as well as being a good 'gallery' picture be a pleasing addition to a family photo album

mharris Dying Christmas Cactus Flowers.jpg

Nice colouring, well focused and exposed, the black background being an excelent foil tothe light of the flower.  A well seen picture.

pashine Palace of Fine Arts.jpg

A nice picture of the palace from the air.

shapiro When A Tree Falls.jpg

A pleasure to see good black and white pictures, I would only say that the high-lights on the right hand edge draw the eye and the poor croping of the image (see bottom R.H corner) spoil it - attention to presentation and detail would pay in this picture and raise it out of the good into the excelent.

snarski Lani.jpg

We have two cats, so this is a particular picture for me.  The detail resolved - wiskers etc - makes this a very good picture, and the _expression_ is good.  The eyes are well defined, NO hint of red eye.

strevens Travel Centre.jpg

Interesting, but not my style or scene - not fair to comment

talbot Up Here.jpg

A well seen competent photo, but not my style either.  I find it somewhat depressing.

vollach-1 The smoker.jpg

A cracking pictture, well presented, it has all that one could want from a picture of this type - it presents the atmosphere, the personality and the scene very well, with the tops of the huts just visible behind the greenery.  I like it a lot.

wrigley-1 Traction Engine Wheel.jpg

No comment - this is my picture submission for others to comment on.

"I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which when looked at in
the right way, did not become still more complicated"
Poul Anderson

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.