Re: Question from another group

>I'm signed on with a craft group and got a question I can't answer. This lady
>wants to photograph her painted glass projects and is trying to eliminate the
>flash glare from her digital camera. All replies will be greatly appreciated.

Shyrell,

Have her turn the flash off. Otherwise she could try placing a polarizer over
her flash in the camera and another over the lens of the camera so that they
are "crossed". Way to tell this is to place polarizers together and turn one
relative to the other and when light is extinguished then they are "crossed".
Keep that orientation as you cover flash and lens respectively.

Since ceramics are non-conducting materials this should remove much of the
glare but probably no all.

Easiest thing still is first suggestion since it costs nothing. Turn the flash
off. Instructions usually provided in instruction book.

my opinion FWIW,

andy

>--- what kind of setting I should use for my digital camera when photographing
>the pieces? It's a kodak ls443 with a 3xoptical lens. What would relate to the
>fast speed film in a digital? THANKS for any help you can give!

I am not sure the camera has settable sensor speeds as some more "advanced"
cameras do. Instruction manual might provide a hint on this as well. If there
is no reference to it then the camera probably can not select variable sensor
speeds.