making slides from prints

I threw out the original query, so the subject is not quite right, but I'd like to suggest that you check out having the slides output directly from the digital files, since I think I recall that you were talking about shooting a print from a digital file to film.

For a start you can check out the guidelines on http://www.imagers.com for output to film from digital file.

Some are very happy with their service. One must communicate very clearly with them to get the right thing, and a good 35mm slide requires at least a 2700 dpi file x film size for best freedom from grain .
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx