RE: digital camera batteries

Hello Shyrell,

Congratulations!  A digital camera!  Please: What make and model have you
lashed out on?  I think you've done the right thing, no more film to send
away and no more processing errors or dust and scratches.  Straight from
studio shot to pc and off to the digital printers by web.

Are you using it for your wedding shots?  I would be a good idea to buy a
portable battery pack.  And yes it is essential to buy the highest capacity
rechargeable cells for your camera.  I use NiMH cells, but I have been
informed that rechargeable lithium ion cells are better.

Whatever you get, I would buy three sets of rechargeable cells and rapid
charger so that one is in the camera and you have two sets to put in as they
go flat.  The 2200 mAH NiMH cells will give a good long usage, but check
that you get the highest capacity cells available that fit your camera.  I'm
a bit out of date regarding cells as the type and capacity changes
continuously.  My rechargeable lithium ion cell is small and light and lasts
for an all day shoot of about 150 frames of 6MPx(12Mpx) jpeg images (Fuji
610) and I leave the camera in its charging cradle all night to be sure of a
fresh charge each day.  I just wear the camera in my shirt pocket hoping for
a shot.

Chris.