Re: Just curious -- monitor resolution

Sure you can, as long as they fit physically and don´t vignette. Another thing is whether or not you really need to...

Especially when shooting raw, the scope for after-the-fact corrections of colour balance & c is far greater than the range of available filters - and you have the opportunity of second-guessing, adjusting the strength, using filters you don´t own, as well as avoiding putting extra glass in the light path at the time of the shot.

I can think of only two physical filters that might be difficult to be without on some situations. One is an UV filter to protect the lens in really adverse conditions (leaving it on the lens all the time is bad practise, like playing a violin without removing it from its case), the other would be a polarizer, whose effects would be difficult to simulate in PS afterwards.

Per Öfverbeck http://foto.ofverbeck.se