Gallery-2/26/05

And there's Melara trailing behind...
Wrote this several days ago. Haven't had time to post. Sorry.

Don Roberts - Tin Bales
A striking combination of color and shine. Perhaps a
close up on one bale would leave the viewer
guessing. That's always fun. I have only one
problem, the space in the lower right corner makes
the stack look like it's about to fall over. I'm
getting the urge to run up to it and prop it up.
Good job.

Herschel Mair - Omani Boatman
I always love bright sunny photographs. his one has
a good color balance with the blue water, green trim
and red box all complimenting each other. There's
just enough light on the man's face so we don't have
to strain to see it. Sharp focus, great water
reflections. Makes me feel peaceful.

Lee Murphy - Rachel, 11 months
Beautiful use of Rembrandt lighting. Nicely centered
with just enough contrast. Lovely to look at.

Terry L. Mair - Brendt
Another great portrait. I like the way the subject
is posed and the smile on his face is playful and
attractive. In a sepia tone it might just look
authentic. Do you do period photography on a regular
basis? It looks like fun.

Guy Gloriux - City Lights
I like this fish eye effect. I like watching big
cities all lit up at night as well. The clouds
appear a little flat. Outside of that, another good
picture this week.

David Small
I do like this one as well. The tree on the left and
the people on the ground make a nice frame that
makes the gates pop. That, along with the bright
orange color.

Mark Harris - Central Park Gates
This one is a little dark around the group of
people. Not an unpleasant picture, but I wonder if
cropping out the arch on the left side and the solid
black shadow on the bottom might frame the view in a
little more interesting manner.

Michael J. Mulley - County Fair, 1988
I don't see anything that would make me think this
is a fair. It looks more like a lost and found love.
It is also very dark in all the important places
making it a little flat as well.

Trevor Cunningham - Fishing Nets
A fine example of black and white.Nice play of lights and darks. A pleasing combination of baskets and bricks. The title matches the subject matter.

Chris Strevens - Flower Shop at Morden
Another great color combination with the yellows, greens, and reds. I like the ragged edges and brush strokes. An artful effect. You continue to improve in your works in PS. Keep it up.

Thanks to all our contributors this past week, and to Andy and staff for all your hard work!

Shyrell Melara

For the Quality You Deserve!
Melara Family Photography
http://shyrellmelara.tripod.com