Rthoughts on scanning dpis

From/Áðü: "Terry" terry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date/Çìåñ: 28-Öåâ-2005, 2:06 ðì
Subject/ÈÝìá: Re: -Gallery X - (and a new question at the bottom)

>Hello Shyrell
>I would have to ask my printers at what res. they scan photos for printing,
>one thing I know is that your digital camera has no where near the res that
>a scanned photo needs to get the same quality print, if I can remember I
>will call them tomorrow and ask, they have been doing this kind of thing for
>a lot of years so if any one knows I am sure they will.
>Terry M

in order to perplexe matters worse...

I was discussing digital dpi with a guy that *knows* information systems the other day... what he quoted was a law that you got to get a sample (read scan) at least twice (the more the best) the accuracy (read resolution/dpi) your finished product should be. reason is that you got to exclude sampling harmonics while extracting info...so we are starting with a 600dpi scan and up)
BUT as anything mechanical scanners obviously do not run at their optimum at the edges of the scannning region (low and very high dpi). I believe there is a region that each scanner performs best, and it may coincide with the region that manufacturer has optimized the machine for....hmmm

enjoy, kostas
so... no matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...
kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography

http://www.mailbox.gr ÁðïêôÞóôå äùñåÜí ôï ìïíáäéêü óáò e-mail.
http://www.thesuperweb.gr Website ìå ÁóöáëÝò Controlpanel áðü 6 Euro êáé äþñï ôï domain óáò!