RE: PF Galleries on 26 FEB 05

:> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated FEB 26 2005.
:> Authors
:> with work now on display at  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html
:> include:
:>
:>             Don Roberts - Tin Bales

I wonder what?  Weird.  Nice puzzle shot!

:>             Herschel Mair - Omani Boatman

Straight shot of a waterman, I like as it shows another way of life.

:>             Lea Murphy - Rachel, 11 months

I don't know why it was changed to mono and made grainy, possibly to make it
look 50 years old.  I think Rachael deserves a modern pin sharp colour
portrait for her to view when she reaches 20.

:>             Terry L. Mair - Brent

It is a beautiful portrait and I like it.  A good looking man caught in a
pleasing position.  Well done.

:>             Guy Glorieux - City lights

I don't know where this is and I cannot tell from the snap, but it looks
like it was taken on the bank of a river.  It is a dramatic shot and shows
the skyline well. I particularly like the two tower cranes on the right
indicating that it is a living city.

:>             David Small - At Christo Gate expo. Central Park

It is a strange world we inhabit, we set so much by signs, flags and
symbols. Praying to the air and "worshipping" pieces of cloth.  This shot
shows it well.

:>             Mark Harris - A B&W view of The Gates, Central Park, NYC
:> 1979-2005

It is those flags again! They must have cost a fortune.  There are no gates
at the Central Park 'Gates'.  Monochrome does suit the subject well.

:>             Michael J. Mulley - County Fair, 1988

This is a minimalist shot of a scene where food is on sale, it would be nice
if the smiling sales girl was caught offering the grub.  Shows the
atmosphere well, though.  I like monochrome.

:>             Trevor Cunningham - fishing nets

The film does seem do be fogged, like it been possibly overexposed then
rescued by under-developing the print.  I believe these nets may be highly
coloured, so a colour shot might have done better.  The nets look very fine
so it was for small fish they were fishing.  The primitive baskets used to
keep the nets shows the "stone age" method we still use to hunt this food
resource and it is about time we found an alternative to hunting.  A fish
farm enterprise might yield a good return.

:>             Christopher Strevens - Flower Shop at Morden

This is another of my attempts at "real art". I've re-done this with a light
yellow canvas backing (Photoshop - of course).

:>

Chris.