Re: PF Galleries on 26 FEB 05

> http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html  include:
>
> Don Roberts - Tin Bales
I really like the color and contrast on this shot.  I
would have preferred a tighter crop as the bottom
right corner sort of loses the percieved endlessness
to the image I get from the rest.

> Herschel Mair - Omani Boatman
Nice color, good spot.  A little too much of nothing
at the bottom though.  Seems a little tight on the
sides too.

> Lea Murphy - Rachel, 11 months
Lovely photo.  Like the grain idea, and it works for
me too.  Tremendous expression on her face, well
captured.

> Terry L. Mair - Brent
Great portrait, well lit, no loss of detail...but what
happened at the bottom?!  Was this a proof?

> Guy Glorieux - City lights
Does nothing for me.  Personally, I can't get past the
sodium lights in this one.  Too orange on the edges.
Makes me feel disoriented and I am usually pretty
comfy in a city setting.

> David Small - At Christo Gate expo.
Damn hippies, why can't they rub their crystals at
home?

> Mark Harris - A B&W view of The Gates,
> Central Park, NYC 1979-2005
Looks very similar to the pics I saw in the Times
article.

> Michael J. Mulley - County Fair, 1988
Too dark...wish I could see more detail on the faces
of the people.  Maybe the scan was a little off?

> Christopher Strevens - Flower Shop at Morden
Like the effect on the image, but not the brush marks.
 Seems too random or hurried.

=====

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham