Re: those wacky japanese grannies

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:33:24 -0400, margaret lucas
<maggie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>may i offer a premature but hearty "welcome home" to the Great White
>North. am a bit green that you're gonna be on the island. my brother is
>in nanaimo and i lived in tofino during the eighties. miss it like
>crazy.

Maggie, what can I say? Wherever you are, start making arrangements to
get out and get back to the land you love. Do it today, don't put it
off for 20 years like I did. You will regret it.

I worked in Toronto for 20 years, always wanting to get out, always
believing I had to stay, cause that was where the jobs were. I was
stupid. I could have gotten out long ago and believe me when I say
that when I left for Japan I promised myself that I would not go back
to Toronto to live, ever. So the only choice left to me was to go the
other extreme and live in the most wild and beautiful part of Canada.

So I say to all people who have been wanting to get out of the big
cities and get out to where the air is fresh and clean - make plans
and get out soon! Don't keep putting it off like I did.

If I inspire even one person to make their life better this way, then
this Email is not in vain. Remember that you may have to take a cut in
pay or a lesser job to live so remotely. But if you start planning and
saving towards it, you can do it and you will not regret it. You can
leave the stress behind an live where you will be happy!

Pictures to follow ;-)

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography,
  http://easternbeaver.com/