RE: advice on digital P&S needed

Jim,

You're in luck.  The new gear is much better and I expect that many will
be trading last year's model.  You should be able to get a good used
camera just right for web shots and macro for $100 or less. I have a
year old Canon A70 that has been excellent for everything except candid
pictures.  The shutter lag and red-eye make it useless for that.  It has
been terrific for web and product shots.  Last evening I bought a little
Sony V-1 ( at Ritz where they have a three-week, no re-stock fee, trial
period) that is supposed to have better performance. I'll see.

  AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.
NOW SHIPPING