RE: NYC transit photo ban a South African perspective

Bill, there are those that have been and those that will be. You haven't yet been arrested because your country hasn't yet reached the stage of state-induced paranoia that South Africa was in during the 80's. Security checks at every mall, metal detectors everywhere and police with more rights than civilians.
But don't think it couldn't happen or isn't actually happening there. Photographers are the enemy of these political tactics so watch out! They would like you stop doing photogrphy or to just stick to shooting portraits in a dark studio somewhere. Don't take that camera out into public places if you want to keep a clean record.

Bill Carey <wbcarey@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have been lucky.  Never arrested, but detained more times than I care to remember. Usually being placed in the back seat of a b&w.

Bill

Being arrested 12 times is worth a hand shake. My hat's off to you.

I have been arrested twice, most times though, they just haven't caught me as I darted over rooftops, fire escapes and down dark alleys.

Those Domke lens cases help.

Take care,
Gregory david Stempel
FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g
www.americanphotojournalist.com

Herschel Mair

H.O.D. Photography Dept, Higher College of Technology
Al Khuwair
Sultinate of Oman
9899673

Do you Yahoo!?