Re: NYC transit photo ban a South African perspective

From: "herschel mair"

: During the Aparheid years in South Africa there was a law which forbade
the taking of photographs within a Kilometer radius of any government
building. This was ostensibly for security reasons. However there was a
government building in any given Km radius so this law allowed the old
government to arrest photographers at will. I was personally arrested 12
times and jailed twice.
: In the end everyone realized what a terrible government we had and that
it had absolutely nothing to do with security and everything to do with
opression and control of the minds of the people by fear.
: KEEP BRAVELY SHOOTING... IT'S the only way to get the truth out there.

<cheers!>

it's all we can do!  Hold our heads up and proclaim with righteous
indignation that we're doing nothing wrong :-)