Re: Chris's computer graphic

Rich Mason <cameratraveler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Interesting phrasing, Andy.  What is reality?  A better question might
> be whether to include work in the Gallery which has little or no
> connection to photography (the recording of light on a light-sensitive
> medium).
>
> What if Chris had made his creation and then printed it and
> photographed the print for presentation in the Gallery?  Would that
> make it more acceptable?

(Remember that I didn't object to Chris's image as it was submitted).
I don't think the shuffle you describe would be of any significance at
all.  It appears to me to be rules-lawyering.

*I* think the basic question is real-world imaging.  Chris's image has
less real-world content because the part that's a real-world image is
just background.  That work is fairly high on the hierarchy of
manipulations.