RE: PF Galleries on 05 FEB 05

Rich,

I like the cropped version - it's one of those images that is fun to
look at flaws and all.

RE "cheating"  It's a complex subject especially with the ease and
finesse afforded by PS. I try not to be too doctrinaire about right and
wrong on a picture-by-picture basis. I think for photo illustration,
which is what Doisneau mostly did, any ploy is fair.

For some genre, such as street photography, I think the integrity of the
photographic idea is lost and the picture is made meaningless if it is
significantly altered - post exposure. There is an excellent show of
portrait work in a local gallery featuring in-camera double exposures.
They are beautifully done (crafted!) but I don't think anyone but
experienced photographers will know that they are not PS collages.
Should having this understanding give the work more merritt?  I think
so.

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.