Re: OK, which camera?

Thanks so much, Jim. This definitely helps. I am so torn between the D70, the D100, and the Fuji S2. This is a big purchase for me, so I need to make sure I make the right decision. A friend of mine has the D70 that I can try out, so I think I will do that. I can get so much more for my money with the D70, but I just wonder why the D100 is a couple of hundred dollars more. I was so set on the D70 until my friend didn't say a lot of good stuff about his camera. I will check out Ken's review. Thanks!

Leslie
I have a D70 and it's my first foray into Digital SLR. I have owned
Nikon's for the last 25 years or so, FM, F4s and F5...The FM was, and
still is, my backup camera whenever I'm out of town on a shoot. The D70
continues to amaze me with the quality of photographs I get from it. You
might do well to read Ken Rockewell's review of the D70 where he calls it
*the best digital camera under $4000.00* he's ever owned.
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d70.htm#intro
Then, do yourself a big favour and go down to a camera store you trust and
handle one. Maybe you can find a store that'll let you rent one for a day.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jim