Re: OK, which camera?

At 03:45 PM 2/2/2005, you wrote:
Thanks! I am just starting out in digital, but not in photography. I shoot pj stuff, and I need a good quality camera at a reasonable cost. I am also considering the Fuji S2. I have a Nikon 17-35 f/2.8 that I love, so I would like to be able to use it. I do understand that it won't be as wide on a digital.

Leslie

Leslie - For photographing in developing countries, you want a sturdy camera that is weather-sealed. That usually means one of the top of the line cameras. I don't know what that would be in Nikon, but in Canon, the Mark II is very good for photojournalism. You also want a long-lasting battery that can be easily recharged - again, usually the top of the line has the best battery.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP www.tinamanley.com

http://www.pdiphotos.com http://www.workbookstock.com http://www.newscom.com http://www.americanphotojournalist.com