Re: OK, which camera?

I think you'll find that the quality of lenses you buy for the D70 will have a greater impact than one Nikon body versus another. Keep in mind that the D70 is a few years newer than a D1X or D100. If you plan on using the kit 18-70mm lens, you might not be as impressed with the sharpness as you would if you used a 17-55 f/2.8. The consensus of pros I work around is that the D70 image quality as as good as that of any other Nikon DSLR. If you're just starting out, this camera will serve you well.

-Tim
www.imagefactoryphotography.com