RE: PF Galleries on 29 JAN 05

Leslie,

I have to agree that this is a perfectly good stock photo. Most stock
is dreadfully bad.  This has a clear and simple narrative - field doc
tends to patient.   The theme and subjects are engaging
enough.  There are other subtle things I see in the picture that
make it a good choice. The formal qualities are just fine - in fact I
think they are
more interesting than the usual tight-ass compositions.  The "decisive
moment" thing is vastly over-rated. Illustrations need some ambiguity.
Photo editors create their decisive moment to conform to their hook,
never
mind what really happened. A little PS magic can fix the tonal balance.

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.
NOW SHIPPING