Re: pulling Tri-X ?

Kostas,
I regularly exposed Tri-x 135 at IE 400 for overcast daylight or for flat lighting in general and at IE 200 for sunny daylight with shadows.

For Tri-x at IE200 I developed in D-76 mixed one to one with water (single shot developer mix) , at 70 degrees F. for 6 mins. with good agitation (SS tank) for the first 30 secs. and then 10 secs. of agitation once every min. I think you would be safe using the D-76 one to one formula above. Regardless of what developer or developer mix you use. do not develop in a tank for less that 5 mins. or you may get uneven development.

The old adage of expose for the shadows and develop for the highlights works very well.
Basically in exposing Tri-x at IE 100 you have already exposed for the shadows (dark areas) in your scene. So now cut back your developer time to develop for the highlights (to keep the highlights from going out of a density range your prints can handle without lots of burning in). In other words you may want a comparatively flat negative if the scene was high in contrast.

As someone else already suggested, expose a test toll at IE 100 in the same type of lighting situation and develop it first. I used to expose test rolls all the time when I was actively shooting for pay. Those test roll negatives will tell you every thing you need to know about how long to develop your real roll.
Walter