From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of The Center for Fine Art Photography
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 9:03 AM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: RE: Landscapes of Desire - Call for Entries

After reading the exchanges between several on this list regarding the Landscapes of Desire call for entries and the reference to spam I feel compelled to comment. The entry fees do not begin to cover the cost of putting on a quality exhibition. The operational overhead and marketing of the exhibition - which is designed, in part, to promote sales  - exceeds the entry fee revenue.  The Center for Fine Art Photography promotes the art of photography and supports photographic artists through its educational programs and exhibitions.  Part of its educational efforts is educating the public to the value of fine art photography.

If you will take the time to review the activities of the Center by visiting its website www.c4fap.org you will discover that in the past year it hosted an international exhibition representing 123 artists from 11 countries. The national exposure this exhibition generated provided many of the artists with new opportunities and sales.

Larry Padgett
Executive Director