Re: Suggestions Needed

> In fact, in photojournalism, they tend to
> look down upon that. I don't even know if it's acceptable.
Leslie

Is that seriously still true?

I'm sure there were PJs who shot exclusively colour neg which was
almost exclusively printed in B&W - simply because it gave choice.

"Consumer" DSLRs (including ALL the ones pro PJs use) capture images
through a CFA (colour filter array).  Any conversion the camera does
"B&W mode shooting" will be no better - arguably worse since
algorithms in camera are optimised for speed not quality - tha
monochrome conversion of downloaded files.

If it is still true, sounds like lingering dinosaur effect (or is that
snobbery).

Pf course, there are true monochrome sensors for astro work (no CFA)
and I believe some people have stripped out thier DSLR's CFA.  but
it's not copmmon.