Re: Rules

----- Original Message ----- From: <lookaround360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Rules
-- snip --

Originality may be possible but is not a
requirement nor are personal statements which more often than not, I
believe,  diminish the experience of art.

AZ

I heartily dissagree. To define your personal statement is to bring the unconscious mind to the conscious that makes the art work a much more enjoyable process, in terms of satisfaction to what you've set your mind to do.

The original question: what is art for? I believe what several fine teachers have said: To enhance the beauty in our lives. Given the Aristotelian definition of beauty. "Truth is beauty, beauty is truth." And, not to omit what Andy Warhol said: "Clean is beauty, beauty is clean."

Steve Shapiro