RE: Gallery Opinions

> Do you draw the 'people' in manually? or is there some software that is used?
> I'm  curious about the technique (both the effectiveness and in the bits where
> it fails to look 'real')...

Im fairly sure Chris did say "draw in" yet in earlier posts he has mentioned using both Bryce and Poser. For fully synthetic images it should be easy to get the lighting looking right if all characters in the scene are rendered in the same setup. The hard part (judging by how most people get it wrong) is in integrating synthetic characters / shadows into real scenes.  Lighting direction is the easiest to spot when it's wrong (and I would have thought the easiest to get right.  Lighting quality is probably much harder to match other than by trial and error.

I really must download the demo and have a go.

Portrait lighting with Poser:
http://www.daz3d.com/support/tutorial/index.php?id=18

--

Whatever you Wanadoo: