Re: Rules, was; comments

trevor cunningham wrote:

I pose this question:

At what point is one objective in their own analysis
of art?

I pose this question:
How the heck does one answer that? Unquantifiable elements are involved. One can't even be objective in deciding if they are objective.

--- Don Roberts <droberts@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

trevor cunningham wrote:

From the responses that I have read, it appears
that I wouldn't be out of line if I suggested that many of the list
members, accomplished photographers and learners alike,

would

benefit from a basic course in aesthetics.

Is the instructor from the school of white noise?

Or

perhaps one of those Japanese experimental bands? Also, is etiquette a course pre-requisite?

Sorry, Trevor, I can't tell whether you are being
sarcastic, clever or just f--king with me. Maybe all three. Note I
am not advocating adhering to all of those rules but it is helpful to
know what they are and why they were accepted. Then play to your
heart's content.
Online sources give one a quick and easy basic over
view, something most people seem to want.

=====

"The optimist believes this is the best of all

possible worlds.

The pessimist fears it's true" - J Robert

Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham

protection around

http://mail.yahoo.com

Don Roberts * Bittersweet Productions * Iowa City,
IA
* *
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent
about things that matter. --Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

=====