Re: Rules, was; comments

Very true. On the other hand, perhaps that WAS to the artist's taste. Though many did not, it's clear that many venerated "classical" painters adhered to "rules".

Regards,
Bob...

From: "Gregory david Stempel" <fyrframe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Jeff,

Why? And who made it a "rule"?<<<

I want to second that.

Rules are merely guidelines for beginners and amateurs. I manage a small gallery showing for our local club members, most whom are amateurs. After one recent display change, I was looking over the new work and was struck by how many images exhibited an obvious and blind adherence to the rule of thirds, even though the rule did not HAVE to apply in most cases.

Just a rule being followed.