From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Shyrell Melara
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 12:45 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: Tohono O'odham Reservation Series

Hi Dean,

You have a really great beginning to your works. I do agree with the others
about the paint effects. While they are wonderful for gallery work, i.e.
Artistic Galleries, not so much so for photojournalism. I have been
reading with interest all your posts as to your reasons for the effects, but
if you could convince "Grandma" that her history would be better served and
preserved with sharp photographs, the work would lend itself to
more possibilities. One would be news stories for the arts and
leisure/community sections. Another could be a possible book publication
with all the stories included. I am always looking for factual items myself
and that includes other cultures. My particular interest is the Native
(American) Indian culture, history/background.

You are doing a wonderful work. Stay with it and thanks for sharing!

Shyrell Melara