From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Walter Holt
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 1:20 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Illegal street photography was Re: gallery

The British are always ahead of us in the US.
They banned private gun ownership years ago and now London has the "not so proud" reputation having the most muggings per capita of any city in the world. It used to be one of the safest cities in the world.

Politicians just don't get it! Only the law abiding follow the rules. The criminals will always have hidden guns and likewise a terrorist who needs to take pictures will have a hidden camera. It is the law abiding who pay the price and loose their freedoms.
Sorry to be so far off from a bona-fide Photoforum type topic, but I saw the parallel and couldn't help my self.
Walter