From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bob Talbot
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 12:34 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: PF Galleries on 15 JAN 05

Laurenz- wrote:

> Thanks for the review! I agree about the cropping. I guess it just
doesn't
> even cross my mind that I can actually crop after the image has been
taken. I
> always do all my cropping in the camera. Duh! I should have just
cropped it out
> afterwards. I am just such a purist, I tend to think (for my own
images) that
> that is cheating. My own stupid thinking.

Do you swap cameras when you want to swap aspect ratios?
I understand a little what you are saying but not all pictures I want to
take with my 35mm camera are 3:2.

Sometimes the picture I'm seeing is panorama: sometimes it is square ...
life is boring if you have to stick to full frame.

As a compromise, maybe you could allow yourself to crop horizontally XOR
vertically.  :o)
- and maybe onlt then if it was "pre-planned"

Bob