Re: Enlarger filter question

That would be the 47 blue and 83 green filters will give you every range you need. But, still there seems to be no reason given as to what you need to know.

S.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Walter Holt" <locnleave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 9:47 AM
Subject: Re: Enlarger filter question

Jim,
Right on.
I used to keep a 25 sheet box of No 5 graded paper for that rare time I just had to provide a print for someone else.
Now I just say forget it if my VC head on #4 won't make it.
Have you ever tried a Kodak 47B acetate filter (very dark and dense blue) to go beyond the #4 VC range using multigrade paper? I had read an article years ago about this "trick". Doubt it would work, but who knows.
Walter