Re: virtual Colour - and Colour Blindness

----- Original Message -----
From: "Howard"

: As a lover of photography, and a keen colour practioner it is even more
: frustrating because I can only make intelligent guesses as to the
: correct colour balance within an image. Generally it is the subtleties
: of hue that I miss, e.g. a black lurcher could have a hint of green
: within its coat - and I won't see it! A skin tone could be marginally
: too yellow or green, and again, I have problems. It makes setting up my
: monitor and printer absolute hell!!

ah, mebbe here I can make a suggestion - grab a freebie colour picker like
'colorcop' and run the eyedropper across your image to check the absolute
rgb values.  don't worry, a LOT of people fail to do this and hope that
Adobe© get it right for them with some profile or another.. it really
benefits to check these values and get them right ;-)

it won't help with the printer but at last you'll know the RGB image will
be closer to right

: Anyone in this forum have any useful suggestions?  (Apart from asking my
: wife to check!)

maybe a densitometer would help with the printing too - another piece of
equipment deemed redundant by the advent of modern digital, but still very
usefull - and usually cheap

: P.S. Happy New year to everyone.

same to you and everyone else here too