Re: digital latitude

> Is there a set amount of latitude for digital

I don't really have an answer...

A while ago, in this list, someone made a comment that
photo was 5 stops (ie: -2 to +3) while digital was
eleven stops. If I recall, the digital comparision was
with a Leaf medium format camera back, and IMHO, there
should ve some variation depending on the sensor. Also
of great importance, I think, is gamma.

FWIW, great latitude (either "direct" or via
post-production) is one of the main reasons I am
staying with digital.

Regards,

=====