RE: PF Exhibits on 04 DEC 04

>I'm a man. I don't like phallic things. Gay men like, but I don't. I
>like my 35mm style camera and lens because they do the job they were
>designed for. And that design has NOTHING whatsoever to do with
>thatever you're talking about, sorry.

Jim

Some people see "phallic symbols" everywhere.
- Cars
- Church towers
- Camera lenses
- Cigars
- guns

Basically, any 3-D object with an aspect ratio of more than 2:1

This is incredibly selective though: a number 29 bus (single decker) is
excluded yet it's actually closer to the shape than a Porche.  A biro isn't,
yet a Saturn 5 rocket is;  A gun is yet a broom-handle isn't.

I pity anyone who thinks a 600mm f4 remotely resembles a todger - frankly
I think they need a pretty warped mind ...
The shape is totally wrong, being almost conical in aspect once the "hood"
is in place. Now the 100-400  ... that's another matter - heck, it even
gets longer in use ;o)

I suspect the whole concept  tells us more about the observer than anything
else.
There are basic truths of form and function that have nothing to do with
our inner psyche: submarines for instance are not shaped how they are to
satisfy some innate insecurity of the Admiral, but because the shape works
better, period.

Bob
Freud was a perv!

FREE weekend phone calls! NO monthly fee, NO contract!

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/services/smarttalk/?StartupCode=OL063&srccode=COD_563