re: Comments: PF Exhibits on 11 DEC 04

At 16:45 -0800 12/11/04, Rich Mason wrote:
Jim Snarski - My Work Is Done
A fading leaf on a tree. Nice back lighting. I disagree with the title. The leaf's job will now continue when it falls to the ground and provides nourishment for that which lives there. Eventually the leaf will break down and become part of the soil which will support another generation of leaves--and the cycle will continue. The job is never done.

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate your perception but I stand by the title. The work of photosynthesis is the leaf's legacy. Once it's fallen, the process of decomposition which transforms it into another iteration of leaves is more properly the work of bacteria and fungi. The leaf itself is now little more than fodder for the process. Truly Nature at work in all Her grandeur.

Jim
Baja Oregon