To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2004 6:25 AM
Subject: RE: Help? Suggestions? Secrets?

Marilyn,

Split urathane water pipe insulation is a neat product available at
builder's stores (Home Depot, etc.) that works great for protecting
framed pictures. It comes in eight-foot lengths for about $2.00 ea..
See this example:  http://www.panoramacamera.us/frame.jpg

Wrap the pictures in plastic bag(s) and use cardboard to
wedge everything snug.  You can do this rather than paying UPS or
somebody.  BTW UPS is a good shipper.

Keep in mind that the packing system should be simple so that if the
work is returned the packer does a good job.
Mark and number your packing materials and boxes in sets.  Nothing worse
than re-wrapping some taped-up, bubble wrap mess!

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.
NOW SHIPPING