Re: Help? Suggestions? Secrets?

Just a wild idea, but why not go over to your local department store where thay sell pre-framed mass market "art" and ask one of the clerks what sort of packaging they come in.  You might be able to get one of the packing boxes.

Bill
-----Original Message-----
From: Marilyn <marilyn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Dec 4, 2004 2:30 PM
To:
	List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Help?  Suggestions?  Secrets?

Hello PhotoForum,

I could use some help from those experienced at shipping a number of framed
photographs, please.

Fifteen 11 X 14 and 15  16 X 20 framed prints may need to be shipped from
California to Arizona.    I know the glass will have to be replaced by
Plexiglas or acrylic, but beyond that, I don't know where to start.

Is one shipping company better than another?   Do shipping companies have
special boxes for this?   Should each framed photograph be wrapped, or can I
just put corner protectors on each photograph?

Any help, suggestions or shipping secrets would be appreciated.   Thank you
very much in advance.

Marilyn

Leave gentle fingerprints on the
soul of another for the angels to read.