Re: Film vs Digital (double exposures)

Qkano <snapper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>Yes, actually. I did this that way:
>>http://tinyurl.com/5lbop
>
> A quite "artistic" use of the technique. Works quite well for the
> sunlight-through-the-trees.

Thanks.  I was kinda pleased with how that turned out.

> On the whole, pre- and post- digital it's one of those "curiosities"
> that comes and goes.  We all give it a try (well, some of us) but it
> never fids a real practical use.

I played with it because of a discussion I was having with friends.
They didn't really believe the water and cloud effects visible in the
old Russian photos were just changes in the scene between the three
exposures.  (These friends weren't photographers.)  I did my pictures
to show (I confidently expected) the same effects, definitely coming
out of the time differences between the exposures.  Worked fine, and
was convincing, so that's a win.  And I picked up some additional
experience, having actually *done* it leaves me understanding it
better than just *thinking* about how it'd work.

But I agree the technique is little more than a curiousity for modern
work.