Re: Film vs Digital (double exposures)

>One of the less serious ways that I have used a camera involved
>taking a triple exposure through red/green/blue filters.
Darn it, another

>Or how about just 3 exposures and
>then pulling out a separate channel for each and overlaying those?
>Does that make sense?
>Don

Don
Perhaps you forget my "Tricolor Daisy"
http://www.st-abbs.fsnet.co.uk/pf/images/daisy590w387h.jpg
Essentially the three (actually 5, chosing the best 3) frames were taken
on a windy day.
It failed in some ways though: people thought the colours of the background
daisies (moving in the wind) were due to chromatic abberations in the lens!!!!

Think I submitted it to the gallery in the year 2000 - took it in summer
1999
At the time I could find no other reference to such a treatment on Google
- bet they are legion now ;o)

As you suggested, I took one channel (R, G or B) from each of three shots
and then recombined them in PS5.

With digital a fact of life I would still ask, why bother trying to do a
tricolour shot on one frame when it's a trivial job to combine the frames
later AND you get to choose the cominations to ge the best white balance.
 No set of tricolour (or bicolour) filters are perfect.

Bob

FREE weekend phone calls! NO monthly fee, NO contract!

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/services/smarttalk/?StartupCode=OL063&srccode=COD_563