Re: Film vs Digital (double exposures)

>Any work balancing layers, no matter how carefully prepared, is more
>time consuming than not having to do that.  And, for me, it would be
>nice to have to do nothing except insert IPTC info and resize to my
>master PS file, after unRAWing it, of course!

Emily

I was implying no work balancing layers - none.

A simple script (/program) can combine two images "as if you had combined
them in camera" in no more time than it takes to load a TIFF.  OK, you would
have to remember to run it (unless you adopted some exif-annotation convention)
but in reality I bet such doubles would be a small fraction ...

Actually, I do take your point: a use I have thought of "in camera" is of
the multiple-sequence exposures which do have a use but where none of today's
DSLR wonders have enough capacity to store all the high res frames fast
enough ...

>Sure, I'll try to locate a multiple exposure I've done that I like.
>I had one a few years ago that I got really excited about when I did
>it, but then I grew, and it wasn't so exciting any longer.  It was of
>multiple hits on a jetty of pretty energetic surf.

I'd look forward to seeing it, seriously.
I have seen a couple of double exposures I've liked but largely they are
a camera club curiosity. Oh, I've just remembered my naffly-titled "eternity"
shot ;o)

Bob

FREE weekend phone calls! NO monthly fee, NO contract!

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/services/smarttalk/?StartupCode=OL063&srccode=COD_563