RE: image quality - film vs. digital

Hi,

The terminology "equivalent focal length" creates the main confusion. This
is of course more confusing with the non-SLR digital cameras where the
imaging chips are TINY, and the crop factor is much more than 1,5 or 1,6.

A lens with 20 mm focal length maybe quoted as to be "equivalent" to 100 mm.
But this equivalency is only right in terms of field-of-view (FOW).

Because of this,  you get a depth of field of a 20 mm lens but the
field-of-view of a 100 mm one.

Regards,
Izzet