Re: image quality - film vs. digital

It's really difficult to answer these questions, especially 1 and 3, without more information. Are you comparing film that is scanned and printed digitally, film that is scanned and printed chemically, or film that is printed chemically with no scanning - with - digital images that are printed digitally or digital images that are printed chemically? The total process here is what matters, rather than simply individual mediums.

One question about which there is no vagueness is 4 - digital is far better than film for working in different lighting conditions. You can tune to each specific lighting situation - even after the shot if you use RAW - even if you don't know what the lighting is in advance. And question 2 is very dependent on who is doing the digital work (or the printing). I've seen digital processing (of scans or digital originals) that mangled the tones and digital processing that gave excellent tonality.