Re: PF Exhibits on 27 NOV 04

I had no initial intent... i never meant to convey anything in specific to a view.  The title was given to the photo for what this area says to me.  It doesnnt matter to me whether the same feeling is evoked or similar impression gotten for/from another.  The photo is my own art, and the title is irrelevant.  What's relevant is whether or not it speaks anything..to me or anyone else, regardless of similarity.

Bob Talbot <BobTalbot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The bucket in the photo "Neglect" is not nearly new... the photo is
a shot of how this area has been left for nearly 7 years. There's
nothing new about it.

Lori

Chris's comment stands.

Whether the bucket is or is not new is an irrelavence in the great
scheme of things.
The *fact* is that newness was what it evoked in the reviewer's mind.

If your shot was "of how this area has been left for nearly 7 years"
then in that sense you learn that you failed - for that one person at
least - to convey your intended message.

How old does the bucket look to me (not that I reaaly care;o)?
Well, it could be as little as a couple of months round here: the
green algal covering can develop quite quickly ...

At least Chris could "get" your image ;o)

Bob