Re: HELP!

> http://shyrellmelara.tripod.com/id7.html
>
> Shyrell

This looks worse than a little nose grease will cure!

I'd put money on it being scratched negatives: which side are the
scratches on - emulsion or gloss?

If on the emulsion side all might not be lost.

The first thing I (personally) would do would be to get them scanned
with a Nikon scanner (with the IR channel) and see what Silverfast can
recover. That really can deal with some quite serious surface
scratches.  I doubt though that it would leave a totally seamless
result but it might get you most of the way there to retrieving the
situation.

Reputations are hard to gain and easy to lose: You will almost
certainly take a hit on this one one way or another: either failing to
deliver or the cost/time of correcting the images one by one.

Me - I don't do weddings precisely because of this possibility ;o(

Bob

PS: to reply to David.  I send my films to Fuji in separate envelopes
in separate postal collections.  It's belt and braces against losing a
whole batch.  OK, it increases the chances I will lose *some* but
greatly reduces the chance of losing them all.