Re: HELP!

Hi, Mel,

	All is not lost!  Take a deep breath and realize that you have options.

One option is to contact the processor and SCREAM. Politely. I recently had a similar kind of situation with a processor. I wrote letters (more effective than e-mail) to the processor, the lab, the place where I took the photos in for processing. My negatives were irretrievably damaged BUT the regional customer service manager had them scanned, will have any of them I want restored at their expense. They also reprinted them, sent me prints and CDs. It took a few weeks to resolve the situation but with the popularity of digital, custom analog labs WANT your business and WANT you to be happy. The customer service manager bent over backwards to retain my business. It worked.

Personally, the processor is where I would start with a problem like this. See what the processor can do, what they're willing to do. If you have to pay to have the photos "fixed," they *might* be willing to pay for part of it or have it done at their lab.

Another option is to find a graphic artist (or photo restorer) who could scan the photos and "fix" the blue streaks. It's amazing what can be done digitally. Do you know the cause of the blue streaks?

Shooting a wedding with a new camera (digital or film) would not have been a good idea, in my opinion.

	Good luck!

--Sally

shy_mel_photo@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Need help! The wedding pictures I took a few weeks ago came back with
tiny blue streaks across each and every photo! All I got was a letter of
apology and a new roll of film from the processor! This means I will
loose all the money I might have made on the sale. I'm sick to my
stomach!

My questions are: What have all of you who have experienced this (or similar) done to fix
the problem? What have you said to the customer and what other options did you offer?
Is there any way to mask or minimize these lines so they are invisible?
What other things can be done now and to prevent this in the future?
(Yes, I will change companies!)
For those who do not develop their own photos, who is your processor?

Please don't tell me I should have used digital. At this point that
comment would be redundant. I'm still waiting to purchase my camera. I do
have an old 3.0 PS but still trying to learn how to use it. I have aprox.
4 weeks to fix this problem before I call the Bride.

ALL comments and help needed!

Thanks you guys. : o )

Shyrell