Fundraiser for student photo group - ANNOUNCEMENT

Please forgive this somewhat off-topic message but a student group
here, the Technical Photography Student Association, (TPSA), is
trying to raise some funds to support their activities. As part of
this they received a donation from one of our retired professors,
Dr. Leslie Stroebel, of some books of which he is the author. All
are autographed by Dr. Stroebel with: "Best Wishes, Les Stroebel"

They are being offered on an auction/bid basis with the highest
bids getting copies of the books.

These are:

View Camera Technique, 7th edition, hardcover.
at Amazon these are $65 new, $45 used.
We have 4 of these. 4 highest bids get them.

Focal Encyclopedia of Photography, Third
Edition (latest) edited by Stroebel and Zakia.
Published 1993
We have 1 of these. Highest bid gets it.

They are all in NEW condition. Shipping is in addition to
purchase price.

We have not tried something like this in the past so hopefully
you all will put up with our growing pains as we try to make this
an equitable process.

To bid on any of these books:

1. prepare a message for:                    RITphoto@xxxxxxx
2. In the Subject: line of the mail state:   AUCTION
3. In the message body state the book you are interested
   in and the bid amount in US$.
4. Send it

You will receive a confirmation of receipt of your bid. If you
don't something went awry and so try again. Bids will be
accepted for 2 weeks.

To find out what the highest bid is at any time:

1. prepare an email for:                     RITphoto@xxxxxxx
2. in the Subject: line of the mail state:   STATUS
3. matters not waht you say in mail body
4. Send it.

This is a manually monitored process so there may be a bit of
a time lag. Bids will not be identified by bidder - only current
highest bid.

Thank you all for your support and if you have any suggestions on
how we might do this better please let the club advisor,
Andy Davidhazy, (me!) know.

regards,

andy davidhazy - andpph - TPSA Advisor