RE: Kind of a funny story about ghosthunting - FYI

>Great article.  I recall a friend's experience with a Polaroid picture
>he took at a party in a house that was thought to be haunted. There was
>a stranger "who wasn't at the party" in a photo of a group of people. He
>looked kind of transparent like a double-exposure.  Nobody could figure
>out how it happened.  The camera wasn't able to make double exposures.
>Is there a "trick" specific to Polaroid materials that allows ghost-like
>artifacts?

Alan,

As far as I know there is nothing special about Polaroid cameras that enables
them to make ghost-like artifacts. Unless, of course, someone is purposefully
trying to deceive an audience (as has been done).

I'd think (sometimes incorrectly!) that the solution to the apparition would
have to be found in the manner in which the photograph was taken ... assuming
that truly the camera was incapable of double exposures. There is also the
phenomenon of "group amnesia" as to what happened. This sometimes is induced by
indiscriminate magneto-encephalographic wave transmissions emitted by transient
intergalactic force fields resulting from matter-antimatter interactions.

Andy