Neverending gallery review

Since this gallery http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html just won't die, I suppose I might as well review it.

Greg Fraser (Wildflower) - Obviously yet another example of a mind stressed too far.

Peeter Vissak (Traffic light) - Interesting concept. Although other reviewers have suggested a more exotic conveyance would improve the shot, I'm quite used to seeing your car in photos and find it somehow comforting.

Deen Hameed (Hatta Mountains) - Beautiful sky although the whole image looks a bit too magenta to me. I know there's a rule about having an interesting foreground but I never really bought that rule. I find the plant in the foreground too large and distracting from the sky which is what I really want to see. I like the white building midground. I find it far more interesting than the bush up front.

Achal Pashine (John Muir Woods National Park, CA) - 'Looks' like a case of being at the right place at the right time. I used to get up very early in hopes of catching this kind of situation as the sun came up through foggy woods but I never got to the right place at the right time. Lovely photo and I like the way the light reflects up onto the fence.

Emily L. Ferguson (Survivors) - Interesting shot. The camera angle changes the window lines from stable squares to tension filled diagonals sloping down to the right in a symbol of decline. Dirty, scraped glass punctuated with a shattered pane fill the spaces. A scraggly plant barely grows up at an angle opposite of the window lines - against all odds. The angles are good and the fruit has grown in the proper spots but it just looks like too much in the frame for my taste. Still sort of interesting though.

Jeff Spirer (Boxer) - Beautiful, beautiful lighting the way it accentuates the sweat and the muscles and outlines the ear, the way it illuminates that signature Spirer mottled wall just enough to outline the boxer's face. Perfect pose too. Powerful and exotic.

Leslie Spurlock (Gonaives Flood, Haiti) - I really don't know what to make of this. It doesn't really speak to me. Lots of mud and water but not really dramatic. Maybe it was Bob's comment about the clothes line coming out of the woman's head.

Jim Davis (Little Grebe) - Maybe the best of the Davis compositions I've seen. I would prefer a tad more contrast though.

Pini Vollach (C R A P) - Yes, crap. Not the usual Pini work. Too bad for us.

Veli Cigirgan (Jerusalem, Old City) - Another shot not really saying anything to me except that they have very high walls in Jerusalem.

Howard Leigh (Teenage Dreams) - I like the way the ribbons on the lingerie are the same shade of blue as the window frame. The woman doesn't seem to be dreaming unless she's dreaming about killing her boyfriend for forgetting to pick her up again. I like the placement of her feat and the way the window frame leans out as if its going to crush her.

Marilyn Dalrymple (Now, where is that lens she wants?) - Oh Marilyn, you and your kitties. I've become so accustomed to your shelter shots that I think of you every day when my daughter interrupts my paper reading to make me look at similar shots in my local paper.

Thankfully, that's all there is.

Greg Fraser
"Things are never what they seem" - Vlad
http://home.golden.net/~fraserg